In the modern world, it can sometimes feel like you’re constantly trying (and failing) to find an equilibrium between your health, family, work, social life, and mental well-being.
This can be very overwhelming, but with a few simple lifestyle adjustments equilibrium can be restored, and a healthy balanced lifestyle achieved.
What is a healthy balanced lifestyle?
Physical, mental, and social well-being are the three main pillars of a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Successfully looking after all three keeps your body healthy, allows you to fight off illness and ensures you don’t succumb to burnout.
Ultimately a healthy balanced lifestyle is key to living your very best life.
How to achieve a healthy balanced lifestyle.
With the wealth of contradictory information available on the internet and social media platforms, identifying how to maintain a healthy balanced lifestyle can be difficult and open to misinterpretation.
To bring things back to basics and help you adopt practices that support a healthy balanced lifestyle we’ve targeted four key areas that can have a huge impact on your lifestyle quality and wellbeing.
Eating well is key to a healthy lifestyle and ensuring that your body receives the nutrition it needs to function effectively.
However, healthy doesn’t have to mean being boring. A balanced diet incorporates food from all food groups, keeping your diet varied and exciting.
If you’re aiming to improve your diet, these are some simple updates you could make to maximise the daily nutrients your body receives:
- Five fruit and vegetables a day: A key food group that is rich in vitamins and nutrients.
- 450mg of Omega-3. Excellent sources of Omega-3 include brussels sprouts, mackerel, pecans, salmon, soya beans and walnuts.
- Limit your alcohol consumption: 14 Units a week is recommended by NHS for both men and women, the equivalent of 6 pints of average-strength beer or 10 small glasses of lower-strength wine.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water each day: This keeps your body hydrated and functioning well.
- Reduce your sugar intake: Where possible, use healthier alternatives to sugar in your diet. Instead, opt to replace it with natural ingredients such as honey.
- Reduce your intake of saturated fats: Butter, fatty meats, and cheese are all high in saturated fats and can increase your risk of heart disease and other health issues.
An easy way to boost your balanced diet is by taking our Enzyme Organic Digest+ Tropical Fruit Chewables. Containing 29 powdered fruits and vegetables, one of these vegan gummies a day, is a good way to boost your body’s absorption of nutrients.