Garden of Life Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another key ingredient in these mini vegan pies, and it’s an incredibly versatile vegan baking ingredient.
Our Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil features one of the most versatile dietary oils in the world in its raw form. Unlike refined coconut oils, our raw extra virgin coconut oil is not hydrogenated, bleached, refined or deodorised. Instead, it’s produced using the same methods farmers have used for centuries.
Flesh from organically grown coconuts is shredded and cold-pressed to create coconut milk, before it is filtered and separated to extract the highest quality oil.
Extra virgin coconut oil is a healthy, naturally saturated fat free from trans-fatty acids, and it’s great for using in everything from smoothies to vegan baking recipes.
How to Make Mini Vegan Pies with Fresh Berries
Recipe makes 4 vegan tarts.
- 140g cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp Garden of Life Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 140g cashews, soaked in water for 20 minutes, then rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Garden of Life Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 60ml maple syrup
- 235ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10 pitted dates and 3 prunes, soaked in 235ml of water for 1 hour
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 125g fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Start by making the pie crust by placing the protein powder, cashews and sea salt in a food processor and blend for around 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the extra virgin coconut oil and maple syrup to the mixture and process again until the mixture is stuck together.
- Divide into 4 mini tart tins or into 4 holes of a muffin tin, press down with your fingers and leave to one side.
- Next, make the filling by placing all the ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth. Divide into 4 and place an equal amount onto each pie crust.
- Then, make the topping by blending together the soaked dates and prunes in their water until you have a paste. Mix this with the fresh berries and place a small amount on top of each filling.
- Finish the tarts by grating a little lemon zest over each one.
More Vegan Baking Inspiration from Garden of Life
If you’re looking for more vegan baking inspiration, check out: