Here are three easy-to-prep ideas for tasty vegan breakfasts:
1. Vegan Pancakes
Adding vegan protein powder into your breakfast pancake mixture can help you to fuel your body before your morning workout or even help your muscles with repair and recovery after exercise. Use plant-based milk (almond, coconut, soy and oat will all add a slightly different taste, so use your favourite), and add any other flavourings or even pieces of fruit you like to your pancake batter.
One of the many wonderful things about pancakes is that you can customise them however you like, whether that’s with fresh berries, agave syrup, desiccated coconut or even some vegan-friendly chocolate chips.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the milk slowly, until the mixture starts to thicken. If the batter seems too thick to do anything with, add a little extra milk to thin it out.
- Separate the mixture into four evenly sized portions, and cook each one in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat until bubbles begin to appear in the centre of each pancake.
- Flip the pancake, then cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan, add your favourite toppings, and tuck in.
2. Plant-Based Fry-Up
Following a vegan diet doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to weekend fry-ups.
Load up your plate with tomatoes, mushrooms and avocado slices and your favourite vegan meat alternatives, and enjoy it all with a nice thick slice of sourdough bread to soak up any juices.
- 1 tsp Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 2 plant-based sausages
- 2 rashers vegan ‘bacon’
- 2 large mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 1 slice sourdough bread, toasted
- Preheat the grill to 180°C.
- Place the vegan bacon rashers and sausages on a baking tray under the grill and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan over a medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add in the halved cherry tomatoes and mushroom slices. Fry for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Slice the avocado and toast the sourdough bread. Place these onto your plate.
- Add the cooked tomatoes and mushrooms to the plate, and finally the vegan sausages and ‘bacon’.
3. Mixed Berry Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a brilliant quick, easy, tasty breakfast and they’re already pretty filling thanks to their fibre content from the oats.
Adding a scoop of Garden of Life protein powder can help to make them even more filling, providing you with a great source of vegan protein and a little added flavour too. Using our Vanilla Chai-flavoured Raw Organic Protein Powder adds some extra warmth and spice, creating a delicious start to your morning.
- In a mixing bowl, stir all of the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- Pour into your preferred container and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, simply remove from the fridge and enjoy!
- Discover more ideas for cooking with protein powder at other mealtimes with a helping hand from Garden of Life: